Co-taught by Forrest Yoga Guardians Jambo Truong and Charlie Speller, this training teaches Assistants and Yoga Teachers how to coach and teach trainees within the Forrest Yoga® teacher training curriculum. The Forrest Yoga® Continuing Education for Effective Coaching and Teaching is a 6-day training designed for Forrest Yoga® Teachers who want to assist Forrest Yoga® Teacher Trainings, those interested in teaching others how to teach, and those wanting to up-level their teaching and assisting skills.
You will learn and practice coaching techniques including how to give teaching feedback, how to work with triggers and challenges that trainees face, and how to coach hands-on assists. Most importantly, you will learn how to create and hold a safe space for learning and growing. The aim of the training is to make you a more skillful, compassionate, and intelligent coach and teacher, so you are better equipped to deal with whatever challenges you and your students may face.
IN THIS 6-DAY TRAINING, YOU WILL:
- Learn how to give effective teaching feedback that lands with a particular student
- Understand how to work with triggers and challenges that your students and trainees will face
- Learn how to coach hands-on assists
- Learn how to create and hold a safe space for your trainees to learn and grow
- Learn and practice different coaching techniques
- We will start with a 2.5 hour Forrest Yoga Ceremony & Asana Practice, with teaching themes to help you deepen your skilfulness in coaching and mentoring others.
- Practice your new skills in a warm, fun, safe learning environment. It’s time to build your ability to develop and mentor other teachers, helping you step up to the next level!