2 day Functional Anatomy Intensive
- 09-08-2016 12:00 to 09-09-2016 14:00
Contact event manager
During this two day experiential intensive course you’ll focus on:
- The 12 structural muscles that protect the spine and hold the skeleton in place;
- Performing muscle testing and correction techniques to complement your yoga teaching;
- Indepth study of the anatomy of postures and the inter-relationships of the muscular skeletal systems.
These structural muscles are underused in our modern day living and underworked in most of our physical activity, yet have a huge relationship to the nervous system and functional movement.
Over the course of the two days you’ll:
- Understand what these key muscles do, how they interact, and how pain and injury can result when they’re not functioning properly;
- In yourself and with partners, identify, examine and test these key muscles for function or weakness;
- Experience using these muscles in poses learning how to activate them and improve their flexibility through yoga.
By gaining a full understanding of anatomy you will be better placed to support your students and grow their practice. Places are limited to allow for maximum individual interaction and instruction so book now to guarantee your place.